Posted on January 22, 2011 by Carinn
I’d been searching for “that perfect carrier” for a few months now and was really excited when Baby Nari contacted me about trying their Baby Hip Hugger. I had never seen a carrier like the Baby Hip Hugger before and definitely was intrigued to try it out.
As soon as it arrived I opened the packaging, read the instructions and started trying it out with both kids. Yes, both of them and I didn’t have to do any adjusting! Can I just say that I LOVE my new Baby Hip Hugger!!!
Here’s my “You need to know…” list for the Baby Hip Hugger:
- There are two sizes: Infant Style for when your baby can sit on their own up to 10 months/22 lbs. OR the Toddler Style for babies/toddlers from 10 months/22 lbs. up to 36 months/40 lbs.
- Both Infant and Toddler Styles are able to be worn by adults with up to a 40 inch waist.
- The seat on the Toddler Style is more angled (shown to the right in Pink). This is to help compensate their weight and keep them closer to your body, but other than that both carriers have the same function.
- You do have to keep a hand on your child’s stomach or back so they don’t fall off (just like if they were sitting on your hip)
To use the Baby Hip Hugger, you just strap the carrier around your waist and sit your baby on the seat. You can face them in or out, on your hip or front. Whatever feels most comfortable for you and baby at that time!
To the left are photos from the 2011 Pre-Golden Globe Boom Boom Room event for celebrity parents and kids. Notice all the variations for wearing the Baby Hip Hugger?
It’s super easy to adjust the seat position or put baby down and is by far the easiest carrier I’ve ever seen for quickly loading kids into and out of the car while using a carrier.
And the big reason why I LOVE my Baby Hip Hugger? Posture. For health reasons it was very important to me to find a carrier that put as little strain on my back as possible. I can honestly say that when I put the Baby Hip Hugger on I can immediately feel the relief it provides for my arms, shoulders and back with carrying either of my kids. (Check out the illustration to the right)
WIN YOUR OWN!!! Thanks to the wonderful people at Baby Nari, one lucky SIMPLE reader is going to win a Baby Hip Hugger of their very own! To enter simply “Like” Baby Nari on Facebook and come back here to tell us about it. (This entry method is mandatory before any extra entry methods listed below will be counted.)
Extra Entries: (Leave separate comment for each)
- Tweet this giveaway: Enter to win a Baby Hip Hugger from Baby Nari with @simplereviews #giveaway http://tiny.cc/u4dkh Pls RT
- Daily Tweets allowed!!!
- Post this giveaway on Facebook tagging @Baby Nari and @SIMPLE Reviews
Winner will be randomly selected and announced on February 5, 2011. Good luck!